Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Kitchen Renovation

So did I tell you during this kitchen renovation that the phone cord got accidentally cut? Therefore that disconnected the Internet to our house. I, by the way, did not cut it, I won't say who did. So I like to make excuses for not blogging for several months but probably the real reason is that I am lazy. Ha! No, it's actually been pretty crazy around here with the holidays and everything.

The kitchen is finally coming together. After a LONG 4 months! We had many issues with the cabinets during the process that delayed everything. There were about 5 major mistakes by Home Depot, incorrect measurements, wrong cabinets, and so forth. This made for a very frustrating installation. We were, however, very lucky to have some fantastic help in installing the cabinets. My cousins father in law does this for a living and was able to come and help us. He did such a wonderful job.

We decided to go with quartz for the counter tops, and I love it. Then we did butcher block on the island which is awesome!

The guy is coming today to hook up gas for the cooktop. I cannot wait to use that! Several more things still need to be done, backsplash, crown molding, painting the trim around the windows, and installing the faucet on the island sink. All of which will be done by Jonas. Okay maybe not everything, I'll probably get stuck caulking and painting the trim by the windows. Haha!

Here are a couple pictures for now, I'll take some more as we get more done. No sink pictures yet, because the dishes are not done and I don't want to do them tonight. (Don't criticize too harshly, I did work all day at the clinic.) Once this project is done I think we will be taking a breather for a while.




4 comments: