Monday, May 16, 2016

Our Dining Room

I have been waiting for months to show you all our dining room! Literally, months! We have had most everything done but I wanted to wait until I had some chairs for my table! I had found the perfect chairs but they were so expensive and they never seemed to go on sale. Anyway, I finally found some that were almost identical for a third of the price! Score!

Some of the first things we did to this room were scraping the popcorn ceilings, removing the drapes, ripping out the orange shag carpet, changing the light fixture, and painting. Just for fun, let's go back to a few before pictures. I don't have a great before picture but here are a couple anyway.



Jonas installed the flooring about a year and a half ago and did the plank wall just after I had Boden (you can read about that here). We also had my Uncle Jerry frame those posts on the right of the picture above. Jonas has also framed the window and added baseboards, however we still need to do the finish work on that.

Shanty-2-chic.com has some pretty cool plans and I'm going to put my hubby to work building this pretty little sideboard for me. I'm sure he's looking forward to having more to do in his very minimal spare time! Haha.










































Here's a couple of the after photos minus the sideboard and a well decorated table. I love this light and it only took a year for me to get it dusted! Haha!










I'm finally ready for some dinner parties! Bring it on!


Source list:
Light - West Elm
Rug - Joss and Main
Table - Joss and Main
Chairs - Office Sight, Kingman Dining Chair in Linen
Paint Color - Valspar matched to SW Dorian Gray













No comments:

Post a Comment