Wednesday, July 22, 2015

6 year olds with nail guns

We may get some criticism for this one but Jonas let Bjorn try the nail gun out this weekend. We were working on the living room trim and Bjorn was sooooo bored. Mostly because I'm such a mean mom and wouldn't let him watch tv and play video games all day long! Mean right?


Bjorn using the nail gun




So he wanted to help daddy. I had no idea this was going on until I looked over and saw him with the nail gun. Let me just say he was completely supervised the WHOLE time! He shot a few nails in the baseboard and did really well!


It was short-lived however because he "forgot" that he had to wait for daddy to be there and picked the nail gun up when Jonas was doing something else. So he quickly lost that privilege which he didn't like and decided to sit on the couch and pout. Boy this boy! I thought girls were supposed to be the dramatic ones!
On to the trim. Jonas and I both like very simple trim with straight lines and not a lot of fancy details. Some people might call it boring but hey, it's our house. So we (I actually helped with this project) framed around the windows and I started caulking the windows while he finished up with the baseboards.


Add caption


We had great plans of getting further along with this project but my dear Uncle Andy called and invited us to go out on his boat with him at 4pm. So we decided to have a little fun and leave the project for another day. There's always another day right? It was quite a bit more fun and it was nice to get out of the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment