Monday, August 24, 2015

Back to school for the Crazy!

This boy woke up at 6:30 this morning exclaiming that he was "Sooooo excited to start 1st grade!". As you can clearly see in his expression, he is quite excited, or maybe slightly crazed. One of the two, I haven't quite decided. Little brother, Anders wanted to be in the picture too, in his mismatched pajamas, none the less, which are hiding big boy underwear! No more diapers at night! Hooray!



As the good mom that I am, I got Bjorn to school just seconds before his teacher wanted to start. She did let me snap a quick picture at his new desk before I gathered the other two and ran out of the classroom. 



Looking at this sweet boy makes me so happy. Wavering between melancholy moments of holding back tears that he is so big and holding back tears of joy that school has started again! The house is once again somewhat quiet, I am not having to constantly break up fights (until after school of course), and I don't feel like, at any moment, I might snap and end up at the mental hospital. Just less stress all around, except for mornings.

I had great aspirations of showering before taking Bjorn to school, however, I was lucky to get a little makeup on. Most of you know how hectic school mornings are when you have several kids. Now that Boden is eating solid foods too, that just adds to the chaos. I run around frantically trying to get the kids food, pulling shoes out of Autzen's mouth, making coffee before Jonas goes to work, giving Boden bites of food here and there, and getting clothes on and diapers changed. Then surprise, on the way out to the car, I find out that Auzten had a nice pile of diarrhea which he left for me in the garage. Thank goodness it was in the garage!

So, now that we are back home, it's almost 11 and I still haven't showered, but I did do 30 minutes of cardio. Some of you know that Jonas and I are doing our own form of The Biggest Loser. We are competing to see who can get to their weight loss goal first. He has to lose 12 pounds and I need to lose 10. Yes, a nice sum of money is involved! He thinks I have an advantage but he will totally just starve himself which I cannot since I am breastfeeding. Ha! So, we'll see. Cheer me on because I'M SOOOOO HUNGRY!

No comments:

Post a Comment